Sunday, February 3, 2013

Project 1: Diptych





Artist's Statement: The theme for the class was "fantasy and reality" so I wanted to present an image that would represent the fantasies in one's mind versus the stresses that we all think about day to day. The words we chose were "escape reality"; in my own life I often use video games, anime, and music as an escape from reality so I felt like I could use this project to accurately express what's going on in my own head. What Richard and I achieved is something truly personal within our work.

2 comments:

  1. I appreciated your piece a lot. I felt the two together work very well. It reminds me a lot of the film Paprika by Satoshi Kon. The film uses a mix of dreams and reality, and eventually they collide. Your pictures gave me that sense of the two coming together, plus the bright vibrant visuals mixed with the darker ones really reminds me of the great art that is in the movie. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the radial composition of the one with Grimes in the center and that both of the images contain reality and fantasy. Together they look like a before and after brain bomb, this girl is becoming overwhelmed and then it overtakes her.

    ReplyDelete