Thursday, January 14, 2010

Persona

This is a poem I did for my writing class in which we had to write from the point of view of someone different from ourselves.

Paper Company

Bill! What's goin' on, you dog you?
Yeah, I hear ya' man!

Cheryl... lookin' fantastic as always!

Thomas! How was your weekend bud?
Fucking asshole.
Sounds great guy!

Jesus, it's Chris. Nice fucking tie.
Chris! Great tie man! Where'd you get it?
What does he think this is? Fucking casual Friday?
Men's Warehouse? Really?
Figures.

Solitude in my corner office.
Biggest window on the floor.
What a fucking accomplishment.
Fake smiles get me by,
get them by me.
I guess that's what I get
for working at an office
for a paper company.
Everyone around me
is only paper company.

Sandra, would you send Chris in? I think I'm going to fire him.

No comments:

Post a Comment